One of the most important steps in creating videos is music. However, many companies don’t put so much thought about it. They just blindly pick music from a huge library – and, that is a big mistake. Music is so powerful that it gets under our skin and gives us feelings we never thought we could feel. Due to the way we consume music, music for video has become so important. It connects us and helps us remember.
Adding music for video may seem like a challenging task, but it can be easier if you follow these tips:
- Match the mood. What emotion do you want to evoke to your audience? When choosing music for video seem hard, remember to match the mood. If you are creating a happy-go-lucky video, you want an upbeat music with a higher register. An inspiration video will be great with music that starts off subtle and has great build up.
- Use fades. Fading music for videos is important to avoid rushed start and finish. It allows you to blend music successfully. In case you are using a voiceover, fade out the music before you start so your voice will stand out.
- Choose wisely. Music for video usually comes with a price. You need to choose wisely. Don’t settle for music without a license. Choose royalty free music to avoid lawsuits along the road.
- Consider mixing your music. When you are creating a long video, mixing your music can be a powerful tool that will nudge your viewers to see a different though or idea.
Music can truly up your game when you are creating videos. Where can you find music for video? Shutterstock Music recently opened up their stock music library. The stock site has a simple pay per use. No need for subscriptions. You can just purchase the music you need to complete your masterpiece.
Some people may think that a coupon may not be worth it. That’s why others are not making time to redeem them. With Videoblocks, that is not the case. You may think that you don’t need a
promo code because the stock site already offers very low prices. But our Videoblocks coupon allows you to save more than what the website offers. That’s right! Learn more about it here:
- A Videoblocks coupon gives you 1 year of unlimited downloads at only $99. Videoblocks currently allows you to save 84% on the regular price, but a coupon can give you as much as 90% discount.
- Access to unlimited library. It also allows you to access the unlimited library with over $10 million worth of high quality footages, motion backgrounds, after effects templates and many more.
- Access to new content constantly. Videoblocks regularly update its library of creative content. Twice every month, thousands of new content are added to the collection. With a coupon, you can access additional content at no further fees.
- Access to exclusive marketplace. The stock site has an exclusive marketplace of over 2 million HD and 4K clips from global contributors. Videoblocks does not take any commission, so the savings are passed on to you.
- Save $30 per download from the marketplace. The Videoblocks coupon allows single purchase from the marketplace, which allows you to save as much as $30.
- Videoblock Free Trial. You can also take advantage of the Videoblock 7 Day Free Trial. You don’t have to spend money just to explore the unlimited library and find out if it suits your creative needs and budget. The free trial allows you to download 20 clips per day, too. You can use your downloads forever and free of charge.
Is a Videoblocks coupon worth it? Absolutely! What are you waiting for? Grab a coupon now and enjoy its multiple benefits.
Royalty-free stock footage is a valuable tool for creative professionals, especially filmmakers. It provides them with readily-available clips of moments or events that would be otherwise impractical to shoot by themselves. Although called royalty-free, these footages are far from being free from rules. Here is the stock footage guide you need to follow if you are looking to incorporate video clips in your next creative projects.
- Read the license agreement. Every stock media agency has their own terms and conditions. You can read it from the license agreement. Every time you purchase a stock footage, take time to read what is included. It will save you from any legal issues in the future. Also, make sure you understand everything. Double check, if you must, so you don’t end up having to edit or pull the file from your project down the road.
- Do not share or sell stock footage you purchased. Most stock footages are non-transferable, which you cannot share them to other people – unless you purchase a plan that otherwise allows you to do so. There are also instances when you are allowed to share the footage within an organization. The stock site will grant permission for the videos to be used by other people. Stock footages are also not available for resale. You will be in serious copyright trouble if you resell raw stock footage to another person or company.
- Always attribute the footage. If you can, always attribute the footage to the creator. Even if the license agreement does not have any rules, give a little shout out to the providers just to be safe and courteous. A simple “special thanks to the name of creator” is always appreciated.
- Balance stock footage with your original work. Stock footage is a good resource to enhance your original work, not to replace it. Combine texts, graphics, and videos to convey a strong message. Use the footage as transitions or accents instead of relying on them for the entire plot of your creative project. By incorporating your original work, your project and ideas will seem more genuine.
- Do not overuse a single clip. Of course, there are no legal restrictions that limit your use of one clip. You can use it ten times if you like. But if you are using the same clip a lot of times in the same video, your viewers might start questioning your judgment and genuineness. Some poorly done documentaries have run out of things to show that they keep using the same clip over and over. Do not follow them.
These stock footage guide will help you make use of stock video to its fullest. Put these tips to test and find out how they can greatly enhance your project and keep you from legal troubles.